The designations are part of a broader campaign against Cuba that includes efforts to block most oil shipments from Venezuela, following the US raid to seize its leader in January.
The administration has described Cuba's current communist-run government as corrupt and incompetent and is pushing for a regime change.
President Donald Trump has heaped pressure on the island, effectively imposing a blockade by threatening sanctions on countries supplying it with fuel, igniting power outages and delivering blows to its economy.
"For more than 60 years, the Cuban regime has prioritised its Communist ideology and personal wealth over the well-being of its own citizens while allowing for the exploitation of Cuba for foreign intelligence, military, and terror operations," the State Department said in a statement on Monday.
"The United States will continue to take action to counter the Cuban regime, those furthering its goals, and those abroad enabling the elites to profit while the Cuban people suffer."
The sanctions follow an initial spate announced in early May.
Trump on May 1 signed an executive order that provides broad authority to designate parties in Cuba's key economic sectors and authorises secondary sanctions against foreign financial institutions that deal with sanctioned parties.
The Trump administration plans to announce criminal charges against former Cuban president Raul Castro on Wednesday, a Justice Department official said last week.
State Department said additional sanctions were expected in the coming days and weeks.