THE prosecution in the case of Rochester man Mark Williams have been given two weeks to produce CCTV footage.
Williams, 51, appeared in Echuca Magistrates’ Court via videolink last week charged with burglary and theft.
He is accused of stealing more than $10,000 worth of equipment from Kennaugh’s in Echuca but the CCTV footage the police are relying on was corrupt.
‘‘It certainly forms a large part of our case,’’ police prosecutor Senior Constable Karl Mannes said.
Magistrate Jonathan Klestadt said the evidence needed to be produced as a ‘‘matter of urgency’’.
‘‘I will adjourn it for two weeks to make sure the defence gets the CCTV footage as soon as possible,’’ he said.
Echuca detectives arrested Williams at his home on August 2 after he allegedly drove in to Kennaugh’s about on July 26 and stole a top con dual grade laser, cable drive pump and tool box with Sidchrome socket sets and spanners from the earthmoving workshop.
Williams was also charged with breaching parole, with the Adult Parole Board cancelling his parole and returning him to prison.
He is not due to be released until January 2020 after being sentenced to seven years’ jail for an armed robbery in Shepparton in April 2012.
Mr Klestadt adjourned the matter to the same court on January 31, where Williams will appear via videolink.