THE coroners report into the deadly explosion at the Rochester Hotel is still several months away.
Barry Purtell and David Lobb died in the June 15, 2014 explosion while attempting to remove a refrigeration unit in the cellar of the hotel. The gas leak which caused the explosion likely came from compressor pipes which had been cut, the coronial inquest heard in December 2016.
The inquest explored a range of issues including the deceased men’s lack of qualifications to remove the compressor, safety hazard signage, the labelling of refrigerant products, licensing and education within the industry.
Coroner Paresa Spanos said her findings were not expected until the end of March, however are still not finalised.
The coroner’s spokeswoman said she has been incredibly busy.
‘‘I suspect it will be several months yet as she heads off on leave,’’ she said.